You will be working with a new client: an exciting and fast moving startup, working within an Agile environment to deliver best practice Python development.
Activities will include:.
* Collaborative feature development
* Working with Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Agile, BDD/TDD practices
* Sharing your expertise and guiding your peers with new techniques/approaches
You will be working closely and iteratively within cross-functional teams to help the client establish development practices and a cadence that enables fast iteration of the product in a sustainable and maintainable way, as the company further scales up.
We work in a fast-paced, Agile environment, delivering sophisticated software that is critical to the operations of many of our clients.
You should be constantly learning, and striving to improve your craft, and happy working as part of a cross-functional team – keen to learn from others and pass on your own knowledge to improve those around you.
We believe nothing should be an impediment for you to do your best work and we have structured the company around this principle, in order to give people the autonomy to make decisions, encourage experimentation and think big!
If you have passion, skill, and want to join a us in building great software, and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will help shape and make a difference here at The App Business.
You will be
* A skilled developer, able to solve problems in a clean and testable way.
* A technical expert in practices such TDD, BDD and Continuous Delivery.
* A keen learner, able to adapt to new technology and development tools.
* A confident collaborator within cross-functional teams consisting of engineers, designers, testers, product owners and scrum masters.
* An active member of technical communities, who follows industry and technology trends closely, sharing this insight with the wider team.
You must have
* Working knowledge of the Python language and surrounding ecosystem.
* Demonstrable habitual use of BDD and TDD techniques using tools such as Cucumber, Lettuce, unittest or equivalent.
* In-depth knowledge of software design principles and approaches such as SOLID, GoF patterns, and functional programming principles.
* Experience developing complex, business critical systems in an Agile environment.
* A strong understanding of continuous delivery, and tools for version control, CI, and automated deployments.
* Understanding of approaches to web security, caching, and RESTful API design.
It’s nice if you have
* Experience working on complex, real-time processing systems.
* Experience working in a variety of organisations (from startups to big corporates), with a perspective on scaling technical capabilities of a business.
* Appreciation of UX and experience working closely with UI and UX designers.
* Some experience of infrastructure development, such as configuration of servers, caches and queues.