- Develop and maintain software programs according toset coding standards;
- Participate in technical analysis design
- Estimate duration of programming and unit testing phase;
- Keep the Technical Documentaton up-to-date with new/changed technical design details during implementation;
- Create and update the Release Form with all details needed to promote the software to the production environment;
- Transfer the software from development environment to the integrated test environment(s) based on the Release Form;
- Perform Unit Testing, and register tests results after implementation to assure that every component of the application that was added or changed is working properly;
- Provide technical support for new and existing applications, acting as 3rd line support: develop fixes and procedures for 2nd line support - coach less experienced developers
- Short traveling period abroad might be required, depending on project needs.
Job Requirements - Competencies:
- Customer-focused and communicative, enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have a sense of initiative, creative and solution-focused.
- Work in a meticulous and structured way. Able to set up and follow a schedule.
- Open for new cultural environments, enjoy technical challenges
- Open to acquire knowledge in Mainframe technologies
- Analysis and design capabilities as well as ability to monitor and judge appropriate performance.
- Advanced understanding of the principles of applications programming
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving
Specialized Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills for COBOL Programmer:
- Minimum years of work experience needed: 3 years
- Advanced mainframe skills (min of 2 years) to include; DB2, COBOL/ CICS, IBM/Zos
- Familiar with JCl, Spuffy o DB2 or Oracle knowledge is a plus
- COBOL experience should be recent (past 5 years).
- Advanced English knowledge.
- French Language is a plus.
- Other third party product knowledge would help.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum is a plus.
- Having experience in financial application development is an asset o Nice to have: Any Netcentric skills (Java, J2EE, Visual Basic, or VB.Net)
- Nice to have: General business experience vs. specifically related experience.