IT Business Analyst
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Duration: 11-12 months
The IT Business Analysts responsible for providing functional solution and scope definition for business automation needs and innovative solutions. Responsibilities include collaborating with the business teams to define and innovate technology solutions to business problems, by clearly documenting business requirements, developing the business case(s), coordinating solutions definition and delivery across various IT development and operations functions, partnering with the business on implementation, and obtaining customer sign-off of delivery to requirements and expected business benefits.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Serve as a liaison between the business and IT to communicate technical and business process solutions that meet user needs.
• Define the demand from 4 distinct business segments
• Control prioritization of new demand
• Coordinate electronic and scanned solutions for 4 distinct business segments
• Liaison to document creation and control function
• Support and coordination of bulk acquisition activities
• Change management coordination for 4 distinct business segments
• Functional capabilities support of solution – Business liaison
• Compliance liaison
• Produce training material for Indirect Channel
• Lead design review session with development and support organizations
• New product introduction
• Document creation and control
• Defining requirements for existing solution
• Defining new business processes
• Coordinating change management
• Design reviews
• Works closely with the business teams organizing User Acceptance Testing plans and execution of plans.
• Works closely with the QA team organizing QA testing plans and execution of plans.
• Understand the IT systems and capabilities, help educate IT on the direction of the business, and the business on the capabilities of the Imaging solution.
• Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Documents business process flow charts
• Lead process configuration design activities.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis.
• Under general supervision, communicate system scope and capabilities through research as well as an understanding of the applicable client business systems.
• Translate high-level business requirements to functional specifications for IT and manage changes to those specifications.
• Create high level requirements, detailed business requirements, functional requirements, nonfunctional requirements, process flow charts and other documents in support of projects.
• Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between the business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Analyze and understand business operations’ strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities for automating processes and functions.
• Possess expert knowledge of the business unit(s) they are supporting.
• Collaborates with functional design and assist teams in providing configuration solutions for business requirements.
• As applicable, may lead small to medium, low-complexity projects.
• Working with legal on document retention
• Working with Infrastructure team to figure out how much space, network, cpu etc. is needed
• Working with the support organization to make sure they understand what is changing
• Working with other development teams that will need to integrate with this solution (ADS, Chudly for example)
• Assisting the development team with unit/system testing
• Training for the QA group
• Guiding the QA person with test cases
• Coordinating and assisting the business users with UAT
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories in own discipline, and broad knowledge of principles and concepts of other functions.
• Strong attention to detail
• Critical Thinker/Problem solver with logical thought process
• Business and functional requirements facilitation, gathering and documentation
• Experience defining as-is and to-be process diagram flows
• Experience defining and developing User Stories/use cases/acceptance criteria
• Understanding multiple delivery methodologies (SDLCs) including Waterfall, Iterative and Agile
• Strong communication skills, including presentation development and delivery
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
• Support projects and lead sub-teams in support of projects.
• Expert in the use of documentation tools and templates (Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Experience in Document Management or Imaging helpful