Theme 1: Implementation
● In this theme, you implement one of the major algorithms that we have covered, in a programming language of your choice.
● Examples of algorithms to implement:
○ Value Iteration
○ Belief Network factor operations
○ Variable Elimination
○ Decision Tree Resolution
○ Markov Analysis
○ Monte Carlo Simulation
■ The Simplex Method
■ Stochastic Local Search
■ Transportation and Assignment Algorithms
○ Voting and Auction Schemes
○ Algorithms from Game Theory (e.g. identifying and eliminating dominated
● In this theme, you will submit your source code and a short report (12 pages) describing the code and how to use it.
Theme 2: Application
● In this theme, you use existing algorithms and available tools to apply decisionmaking concepts to realworld decision problems that you have encountered. These could be decision problems from your personal life, or relating to a business or organization that you are involved...