We provide automotive Power Train Simulation, emissions measurement systems calibration, end-of-line automatic transmission solenoid testing and RFID manufacturing systems. We're looking for a hands on electrical engineer for our Southfield, MI office that is also able to interface with our customers to identify their issues and key requirements for design, development, testing and support; as well as, participate in the execution, testing, support, and related documentation.
More specifically, we are looking for a mature self-motivated Electronic Engineer or Senior Technician for Product Development and Support. Responsibilities include:
• Become intimately familiar with operation of existing products, including some design details, to support new and current customers.
• Troubleshoot circuits using standard test equipment including occasional on-site work at customer’s locations in SE Michigan.
• Write test programs (primarily using LabVIEW) as needed to perform bench tests of products.
• Interface with customers to translate their needs for new products into functional specifications for new or updated designs.
• Keep current all records of product design, updates, user information, marketing materials, etc. relevant to current products or those in development. Collaborate with other Global personnel in coordinating documentation they produce.
• Assist other engineers or technicians as needed in design and development, including proofing design documents and testing prototypes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Ability to read and understand complex electrical schematics containing both analog and digital circuitry. Familiarity with Altium software schematic entry and board layout a plus.
• Experience creating .vi files for LabVIEW virtual instrumentation. Or, demonstrated ability to learn similar applications, including traditional programming languages.
• Ability to solder components and assemble/disassemble electronic devices.
• Ability to write technical documents.
Position may be full time or part time, subject to negotiations, as well as Salary and Benefits. Reports to Company engineering management.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Or Fax: (248) 854-1274