I have a colocation with several legacy servers, and I would like to migrate them to AWS, as they do not receive much traffic and I need to save money by shutting down my colocation.
The operating systems are Windows 2003 R2 and Debian (there may be some BSD as well). The Windows servers are running a mix of Active Directory, Microsoft SQL and IIS. The Linux servers are running lighttpd, postgresql, mysql (as well as various perl scripts).
I am in the US in Central Daylight Time. This will be a project I will conduct in the mornings (8:00 AM UTC - 5) at the data center. I need someone who is available at that time of the day, so I can contact them to assist me via Skype. Once the images are migrated, we can schedule support times during my late evening/early morning hours (e.g., 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM UTC - 5)
Here are the tasks with which I will need assistance:
1. Configuring initial AWS including their firewalls
2. Helping me create images of physical servers (for both Windows and Linux), converting them to compatible virtual images, and migrating them to AWS
3. Migrating four existing vmWare images to AWS
4. Testing/debugging the setup once it is complete
5. General questions as we go.
If all goes well on this project, I would also be interested in on-going maintenance support, but we can discuss that at the end of the project.