We are looking for a MongoDB DBA and AWS EC2 systems administrator. This will be an ongoing part-time position. We have some important projects to set up initially, requiring a lot of work, and then ongoing maintenance beyond that with frequent new projects. We hope to find a person that will become a trusted long-term partner, helping us manage mission-critical infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate passion, knowledge and experience:
* building mongodb replica sets designed for high availability and security
* adding hidden secondaries, tags, and priorities to provide dedicated read-replicas to multiple applications, while maintaining high availability
* using replication to copy data between replica sets for near zero-downtime redeplyment of replica sets.
* backing up large mongodb volumes using EBS snapshots
* administering and monitoring AWS EC2 instances, including load balancing of application servers and building secure VPCs
* setting up monitoring of database servers and application servers to provide fast notification of problems
About Our Company
Research For Good is focused on innovation and technology in the market research industry. By constantly building and improving upon existing techniques and systems for online market research sampling, we are able to run a profitable business that also generates significant donations for charity. Our charitable giving focuses on feeding hungry children around the world.
In 2015, we donated over 700,000 meals to starving children, saving an estimated 2,300 lives.
Your skills will facilitate growth, not only for our business, but also the volume of donations we are able to generate for nonprofits. This is your opportunity to join a young, exciting social-enterprise, which in just 4 years has achieved significant growth and become a profitable business.