The DevOps Engineer will work side by side with the engineering development team and be primarily responsible for developing tools and automation for the administration of our revenue-generating SaaS application. Classic system administration and on-call participation are also part of this job. We are looking for someone that can bridge the gap between dev and ops and help define tools, systems, and processes. This role will help provide a tech ops perspective on story pick-ups and help facilitate tasks needed to keep the runway clear for new code.
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, and global configuration management
- Contribute to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading, and system hardening
- Research new promising tools and technologies, and ways to more elegantly/ efficiently solve problems
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, load balancing)
- Memcache, Redis
- Shell scripting and other interpreted languages (Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Success with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Be a champion for building tools that support engineers building and deploying their own code.
- A desire to automate everything!
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of web applications with an ability to tune PHP apps.
- Passion for configuration management (Salt (preferred), Puppet, Chef)
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server and application status
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools (New Relic, App Dynamics) and an ability to monitor and optimize the platform based upon findings.
- Linux (Centos, Ubuntu)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience administering, MySQL, Cassandra, Docker. Jenkins, and
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, with the ability to work individually, within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation and design diagrams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across the organization and interact effectively at all levels of management and peers.
Please apply if you fit aforementioned requirements.