We are a DevOps consultancy reinventing how infrastructure is done in startups. We offer a unique in-house DevOps-on-demand model to customers, where our elite team of DevOps is ever-ready to step in to help on whatever infrastructure projects may be needed by our customers' engineering teams.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
* Working with hot startups tackling exciting challenges that light up imaginations. No cubicle staplers and TPS reports here.
* We don't have "junior" roles. Learn from and mentor other DevOps who, like you, are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about their craft.
* 100% remote work frees you from the mind-numbing morning and afternoon commute and gives you hours more free time per week.
* Sweet freedom from the 9-5 grind. It's 1pm on a sunny Tuesday and you feel like going on a shopping spree in the city? If you're happy moving some work to later in the evening or to a quick weekend sprint, by all means.
* The benefits of freelancing without the downsides. The quantity of work is steady and consistent - we provide an endless stream of work items from multiple customers; Also, the pay is higher than the average salary for comparable work - so you can choose which benefits (dental, vision, etc) to invest your extra cash into (or don't, and keep it for other priorities).
What we're looking for:
* You're an operations veteran with a deep knowledge of Linux administration and shell scripting.
* You love automation. You've looked into automating your morning coffee making routine, but have sadly given up because the technology just isn't there yet.
* You live and breathe Docker, containers, and microservices. You can recite the content of 12factor.net from memory.
* You have experience with at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
* You know how to build robust clustered systems and can troubleshoot their problems (sharded databases, RAFT-based consensus systems, failover-capable systems, fencing, etc).
* Experience deploying and managing monitoring, metrics, and alerting tools (Graphite, ELK stack, Zabbix, etc).
* Expert knowledge of cloud platforms, especially AWS.
* Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
* You're the kind of person that gets things done, not talks about getting things done.
* Ability to work during North American business hours.
* Nice to have: You can code in a strongly typed language.
* Nice to have: Big Data or Internet of Things experience.
We are hiring for two roles:
A Team - "ambassadors" are well rounded DevOps that interact heavily with our customers' engineers on a daily basis, and are the go-to person at their host company/companies for everything related to infrastructure and operations. The work breakdown is roughly 25-25-50 for collaboration, research/planning, and building/coding.
X Team - "experts" are specialized DevOps that are assigned to work items based on their particular expertise. Experts do slightly less customer collaboration and more hacking and building. The work breakdown is roughly 10-20-70 for collaboration, research/planning, and building/coding.
When applying, please mention which role you prefer and why.