App Description: We are building a personal financial management (PFM) app for couples to manage their expenses and budget. Similar to companies like mint.com , moven.com or sweep (sweep.co) or Qapital (qapital.com), we will allow users to connect their bank accounts (using yodlee or plaid) and track their spending. One of the key differentiators for us to be able to have individual account holders create a household and selectively choose to share accounts and/or transactions. Within that household a couple will be able to track their spending and see who is spending what. One of the keys to improving a couple's financial situation is to facilitate communication. To that we will allow users to comment on transactions and have a private chat just for them. Over time we will add features to allow customers to save for goals and other activities together.
Main App features:
- Transaction Aggregation and categorization using Yodlee (yodlee.com) OR Plaid (plaid.com) API
- Basic analytics (calculate monthly spending by category)
- Basic Chat
- Push Notifications
Desired Stack (open for discussion): Node JS, Ionic, PSQL, AWS.
We're looking for a full-stack developer that will help define our technology stack and develop our iOS/Android MVP for alpha testing. We currently have high-fidelity mockups and an interactive prototype. We are in the process of finalizing the functional specifications, but will look to you to help refine them.
You'll help drive the technical direction we go and complete development of our MVP. We're aiming to have our MVP launched for alpha testing by mid-July. Our goal is to get a functional app into our users' hands as quickly as possible to validate our hypotheses!
In terms of key qualifications, this is what our ideal candidate looks like:
● You love creating amazing consumer technology experiences with real impact.
● You’re a full-stack dev with experience building hybrid apps. You've mastered some web dev languages and frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.) and hybrid mobile frameworks (Ionic, Phonegap/Cordova, etc.).
● You've deployed robust, non-trivial app(s) into the App Store. HUGE plus for experience with banking/finance apps, though not required!
● You’re familiar with Git and cloud-based backend services such as AWS
● You're experienced with integrating external APIs (REST, JSON) with mobile apps.
● You use test-driven development
● You can dive into details, but also step back to see the big picture and ask not only the big questions, but the right questions.
● You’re collaborative and self-motivated, with extraordinary team skills and individual hustle.
Should things go well, we can explore a longer-term partnership between us. And we won't hesitate to engage with you for future projects and endeavors, and make referrals!