We're looking for a full-stack developer that will help define our technology stack and develop our iOS MVP for alpha testing. We currently have a hybrid iOS prototype built with HTML/CSS/JS, NodeJS, PhoneGap/Cordova, Parse and Plaid API. However, we've recently completely re-designed the app, and will have high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototype along with functional specifications for you. You'll help drive the technical direction we go from here (whether building off existing code base, or starting from scratch) and complete development of our MVP. We're aiming to have our MVP launched for alpha testing via Testflight by May. Our goal is to get a functional app into our users' hands as quickly as possible to validate our hypotheses!
Our product is a millennial-focused personal financial management mobile app that enables users to reach their saving goals through bite-sized challenges based on their unique finances and goal-based savings. For example, users can take on challenges to spend less than their average weekly spend on eating out, and easily set aside the saved money towards any saving goal they have. For our MVP, real money won't be moved yet so it'll be virtual. However, it will still involve the use of the Plaid API (plaid.com). You can learn more about our product at www.gopluto.io, and our startup at www.angel.co/plutomoney. You can also learn more about the incubator we'll be joining at www.qcfintech.co.
In terms of key qualifications, this is what our ideal candidate looks like:
● You love creating amazing consumer technology experiences with real impact.
● You’re a full-stack dev with experience building hybrid or native iOS apps. If hybrid, you’ve mastered some web dev languages and frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.) and hybrid mobile frameworks (Ionic, Phonegap/Cordova, etc.).
● You've deployed robust, non-trivial iOS app(s) into the App Store. HUGE plus for experience with banking/finance apps, though not required!
● You’re familiar with Git and cloud-based backend services such as AWS, Parse (shame they're shutting down..), and other Parse alternatives.
● You're experienced with integrating external APIs (REST, JSON) with mobile apps.
● You obsess over new tech and are willing to apply them when needed.
● You can dive into details, but also step back to see the big picture and ask not only the big questions, but the right questions.
● You're conscious of good design and work well with great designers.
● You’re collaborative and self-motivated, with extraordinary team skills and individual hustle.
Should things go well, we can explore a longer-term partnership between us. And we won't hesitate to engage with you for future projects and endeavors, and make referrals! You'll be playing a key role in our mission to make personal finance more engaging, actionable and relevant for millennials and the upcoming Gen Z'ers! We look forward to hearing from you :)