We are a digital publication sold via an app for Apple and Android mobile devices.
We produce a monthly magazine which is sold within the app, and sell auto renewable subscriptions and individual issues, available as in-app purchases.
We have been in business since November 2014 and have approx. 5K monthly subscribers.
We use an off-the-shelf software with online back-end for publication (Magcast), however we are outgrowing it quickly, and our subscribers know it.
We are looking for the right person or team to help us recreate our app in a way that ticks all the boxes for us.
This would need to involve a migration of the in-app purchase IDs from the old app to the new app to allow for a seamless move for our subscribers and readers.
Key problems / solutions that we have / are looking for include:
- Slow load time of magazines for iPads (wanting immediate access)
- In-built search function both within an issue and across all of the magazines. Searching by ingredient, recipe style etc.
- Bookmarking function to allow readers to save their favourite recipes.
- Ability to print / email recipes.
- Currently getting a lot of requests for computer access... would like to be able to integrate non-mobile access.
- in-page scrolling (e.g. NOT PDF pages)
- VoiceOver for vision impairment
We also need to factor in the building of each issue every month (e.g. some kind of back end)
Do you have proven experience in this field? We would like to hear from you to discuss further.