Looking for an experienced Android Marshmallow developer to integrate a biometric (fingerprint capture) feature into our mobile app. Experience with Google Nexus Imprint API, Android Marshmallow SDK, and Nexus 6p required. Ability to test on 6p hardware required. Experience with Digitus Library preferred.
Our design is done in the Ionic framework (works in conjunction with Cordova/Phonegap frameworks). We have the app design mocked up, and need to have you integrate the feature into the app. Experience with these frameworks is very helpful.
1) Capture fingerprint and store to backend (update existing record).
Timeline: complete by July 22
Below is an example use case which is analogous to ours:
How do we accomplish biometric authentication across multiple devices/wan?
Here is an analogous use case:
1) a student needs to register with the university. He visits the Registrar and completes a short form with Personally Identifying Information (PII) on an authorized mobile device (university owned/controlled)
2) the student then scans fingerprint on same device, and this is associated with the new student record in the university database
3) at the end of the semester the student enters the examination hall to take a final exam.
4) the university exam proctor scans the students fingerprint authenticating his identity
5) student is permitted to take exam
As you see, the initial Registration takes place on one device, and subsequent authentication(s) takes place on another device on the WAN. This is therefore a distributed authentication application.
Please offer your best/ideal solutions to this use case, including hardware and software! We would like the solution to use the integrated fingerprint scanner on the Google Nexus 6p, and avoid peripheral scanners if possible.
Include any limitations you may see from the frameworks we have identified/recommended up to this point.