You will be working with Intacct Corporation's Site Operations team.
Intacct’s best-in-class cloud ERP software empowers finance professionals with unsurpassed depth of functionality, real-time financial and operational insights, and the ability to automate critical processes. Intacct is acknowledged by the American Institute of Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA) as its preferred provider of financial applications and we’ve achieved the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
Intacct employees continually rate the company as a great place to work. We were named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for the fifth consecutive year, “Best Places to Work in 2015” by Glassdoor Employee’s Choice Award, “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and a “Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for two consecutive years.
We are looking for long term collaboration. You will be a member of Intacct's Operations team which maintains our mission critical SaaS production infrastructure to high levels of availability, security, stability, scalability, performance, and efficiency.
The team's responsibilities include:
* Manage service availability and scalability through process, tools, and automation.
* Configure and maintain servers and networks.
* Configure and maintain software components, i.e., operating systems, web servers, and application execution environments.
* Configure and maintain system monitoring and backups.
* Manage network security, routing, bandwidth, performance.
* Participate in the team’s 24x7 on-call rotation.
* Monitor production systems, handle alerts, troubleshoot problems and work with development teams on resolutions.
Our technical environment currently includes Linux, Apache, mod_php, Tomcat, haproxy, Oracle 12c, postgres, mysql, mongodb, memcached, nagios, graphite/grafana, ELK, nodejs, RabbitMQ, Qlik Sense, and others. Services run on bare metal servers, KVM virtualized servers, and AWS. Candidates are not expected to be proficient in all of these technologies, but should have some skill overlap and great willingness to learn.
We are looking for candidates who, are able to contribute a minimum of 20 hours per week. After a ramp-up period, full time engagement is preferred. We are looking for individuals and are not open to agencies. Work hours are flexible, but candidates must be able to have some overlapping work hours with the U.S. team (which is in the Pacific time zone) for touch points throughout the week.
* 6+ years of Site Reliability and/or System Administration experience.
* Fluency in systems administration of Linux, Apache, and other open source technologies.
* Understanding of web application environments, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs, etc.
* Understanding and experience with server farms in a data center environment.
* Understanding of VPN, firewalls, IDS and security concepts.
* Scripting/programming skills for automating system administration tasks, e.g. in Bash, Python, or Perl.
* Experience with system monitoring of 24/7 web application and SaaS environments.
* Experience with network device administration (Cisco ASA/IOS, JunOS, etc) is a plus, but not mandatory.
* Good interpersonal and communications skills.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, high growth environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English.