I run two popular on-line digital download websites (soon expanding to 4) and a small company website. All my sites are hosted on a dedicated server with a reliable and fast network infrastructure behind them. Generally speaking all the sites are fast and customers aren't facing any problems, but I feel with the growing traffic, performance could be increased.
My main site is custom built using PHP/MySQL with no existing framework, everything was coded in a secure and optimized fashion and is the back bone of my business. However, I am soon going to migrating everything across to a new WordPress based solution (which has more features and is better suited for our business) to match my other sites (already built on WordPress).
I am looking for the following:
- Someone who can find any bottle necks in site/server performance and help me solve them.
- Someone who can FULLY optimize the dedicated server to perform best on all sites, be it optimizing PHP config, MySQL and other services. This might include rebuilding the server and installing only the best Apache/PHP modules, etc.
- Someone who can install Engintron (a NGINX reverse-proxy) and verify everything works as intended. I had prior issues with it and had to uninstall.
- Someone who can harden the server using WHM/cPanel/terminal and configure CSF and mod_security to mitigate as many attacks as possible.
- Someone who is willing to spend an hour or two on a Skype call, giving some consultation/advice and answering any questions I have in relation to the server, set-up and optimization performed.
- Site/server recommendations you feel would benefit us as a business and our expansion.
- Knowledge of CloudFlare and server side caching.
I have limited Linux sysadmin experience, but relatively good knowledge of WHM/cPanel and basic terminal/shell commands.
If we establish a good working relationship, I believe this will be an on-going project where I will evoke your services every few months to help improve the server config.