The software & server automation engineer will be responsible for managing customer facing production server infrastructure to ensure compliance with Service Level requirements. This is an advanced technical support position which requires hands-on support of Centos, JBoss, Apache, Liferay, MySQL and various Java portal applications. Needs to build and maintain relationships with development team, customer support, and service providers. Customer interaction will be limited to providing advice and guidance on security matters.
• To ensure servers meet Service Level Agreement requirements
• To ensure that security meets PCI compliance requirements
• To monitor server, network, websites and applications using Nagios or similar monitoring tools
• To take corrective action when any server or application does not meet required performance or uptime levels
• Installation and setup of all servers and customer application instances
• Automate the installation, update, rollback of all server, client instance (website, application, portal and content data) and database
• Internal staff training on security,
• Contribute to knowledge Base Wiki – process, How-to, blogging
• Document and enforce best practices related to production and deployment servers and systems
• Customer Centric: With an intense passion for supporting paying customers
• Experience with supporting SaaS style applications
• Web Application configuration
• Unix server administration experience
Technical Skills and Education:
• Appropriate Business or Computer Science degree is preferred
• Linux servers (CENTOS 5 & 6) and system services, DNS management, web/app/portal servers (Apache/JBoss/Liferay), mail servers (Postfix), Storage and Data protection, knowledge of this is essential.
• Familiarity with Private Cloud and hypervisor (VirtualBox) technologies is a plus.
• Experience with installing and supporting portals