Our team is currently seeking talented, driven and self-starting data scientist to work on a unique and challenging project that leverages the latest in data science and big data to address specific use cases in the Financial Services industry.
You, the ideal candidate, will have a passion for applying the latest in statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive analytics to derive unprecedented level of insight from extremely large datasets.
This is an opportunity in which you will be able to architect and possibly implement a big data solution from concept to completion. You will be responsible for directing and driving the design and delivery of the product, so we’re looking for someone comfortable and confident enough to do so.
At this stage, we’re evaluating potential candidates for this role. We anticipate one or two follow-up discussions with a short-list of candidates where we’ll provide more details on the project specifics. From there, we’d expect you to provide your proposal, and after our review we’ll choose the best one.
What you’ll do
- You will do cutting-edge work in several areas including: streaming data processing, NLP, machine learning and predictive analytics to solve a business problem at which legacy solutions increasingly fail to solve.
-You will have freedom and responsibility end-to-end from technology stack and feature selection to designing algorithms and implementing them at scale.
-You will be able to exercise your creative analysis skills to explore disparate datasets and extract valuable insights.
-Your efforts will have a direct impact on business revenue and costs.
What we prefer in you
- The ability to absorb the business problems and articulate a solutions strategy in clear terms.
- Knowledge of a wide cross-section of algorithms and models, and deep comprehension the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Strong familiarity with Hadoop, Hive and / or MapReduce (or similar).
- The ability to balance engineering requirements in a deadline-driven environment.
- BS or MS in data science, computer science, statistics or mathematics is required.
- Commercial experience in data science is desired.