***All interfaces must use AJAX functionality to give a “single page application experience”.***
***Portlet must support and be compatible with Liferay CE & EE 6.1, 6.2 & 7 portals standards***
Based on Questions asked I am trying to clarify everyone’s doubts and assumptions here.
These Guidelines are developed to help you gain a better understanding of the portlet functionalities and are by no means exhaustive. Open to any suggestions.
It's a simple portlet to manage document files and their related metadata.
A. Interface for Admin and Users: Listview
1. It will show listview for users. (Default columns as per screenshot: Title, Author, and Date)
2. The title (or whole row) will be clickable to view detail page on that publication entry.
3. All columns are going to be sortable.
4. Listview will allow the user to choose columns they want to see here.
4.1 This column selection will be stored in user preferences.
4.2 Available columns can be controlled by the admin.
4.3 Admin can even make a column always visible (e.g. Title) means cannot be removed from Listview.
5. Admin view of Listview will have extra Action button for each row that will give admin options to control or manage that publication entry.(actions like
View Entry (as in B1),
Edit - metadata in available columns and add/searchable/disable/remove document files,
Disable Entry, and
6. Admin view will have a global settings button that will allow them to control other global options for the portlet and listview. (e.g Manage: Custom Columns, selectable values for multi-valued selectable columns, Available columns in listview, etc)
B. Detail page for publication entry
1. The page will show contents of all the available columns.
2. Page's aesthetic or formatting will be approved by the client.
3. It will list all the document files associated with that entry.
4. All document files will provide a link to view and download them.
5. This page should be exportable as a pdf report on that publication.
5.1 All links on this report for document files should be clickable.
5.2 Report will contain 2 additional links.
5.2.1 Link to the portlet listview.
5.2.2 Link to the detail page of this publication entry.
6. The page will provide options to do following actions with that entry.
6.1 Export PDF report.
6.2 Edit (as explained in A5)
6.5 Logs and Notes (as in G)
6.6 Add Note (to B6.5 list)
C. SEARCH and FILTERS on Listview:
Search will be from 2 locations:
1. From portal search box:
1.1 this will search all columns (default and new custom columns) within publication portlet data for that group or site.
1.2 To achieve this all publication entries including uploaded document files (optional via settings) will be indexed with Lucene search index.
1.2.1 This will allow the user to search using portal's default search engine and it's interface.
1.2.2 Lucene will list the portlet name on the left of the search result with other result types like Blogs entry, Document, Web Content Article, etc. Once the user clicks on portlet name, Lucene will show result from portlet entries only. (example screenshots attached)
1.2.3 Once you click on any entry within the search result. You have to provide URL settings to Lucene to forward that request to publication detail page.
2. From portlet listview interface:
2.1 FILTER: this will be similar to PHP page's screenshot.
2.2 It will have a filter using: 1st dropdown, once selected 2nd dropdown will appear (via ajax call) with the relevant options based on the selected value from option 1 dropdown.
2.3 SEARCH: Similar to 1.1, it will have a textbox: that will perform the search on all columns and will show result within portlet's listview.
2.4 ADVANCED SEARCH: It will allow to FILTER result on every available Column (default or custom).
2.4.1 It will provide the user with the ability to search individual columns.
2.4.2 user can add as many line/rows of search as you can allow in your search query without affecting the performance.
2.4.3 Basically, the user can specify desired text in each column.
2.4.4 For each row on the search form, user can choose options like: contain / does not contain / start with / end with / equal to / not equal to / is empty / is not empty.
D: ADD / IMPORT new publication record entry or entries.
1. SINGLE ENTRY: From Listview menu, admin can add a single new entry.
1.1 At the same time admin can upload one or more document files for that entry.
1.2 By default all document files are not searchable. But can be marked, to make it searchable.
2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES: using Excel/CSV file upload with data for all available columns (default or custom).
2.1 Import option will be provided from Listview interface menu.
2.2 admin can download a blank file for the format with all available columns. (required fields mus
E. REPORT / EXPORT:
F. Custom Columns / Fields.
G. Audit Trail
Look at attached file "PortletGuidelines" for complete contents