Medlanes is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to create high-quality documentation for developer-oriented content, e.g. APIs and SDKs which must be easy to understand and is appropriate for its intended audience like a developer looking to get started, a developer debugging a specific issue in the product, a product manager figuring out if X is possible with the API, etc.
Below are some well written reference API documentations which we really like and give you an idea of our expectations:
We are a digital health startup and making medicine available online by building the first contact point of health care. On Upwork we are working from Last 6+ years with many, many happy freelancers and even some moved to our headquarter in Berlin, Germany. Joining us means that you will be part of an international team that is driven by improving healthcare with technology and changing the status quo. Our people are exceptionally bright, motivated, customer focused and strong team player. Even though they are from diverse cultural and academic backgrounds.
- Experience with creating API and SDK documentation, including REST with JSON. Background in development or programming will be preferred.
- Experience with API documentation tool Swagger (http://swagger.io/) or similar.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Knowledge of Programming languages like PHP/MySQL (must), Python (preferred), etc. and API concepts.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent written skills in English