We are looking for a Skilled Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer to design/implement build a suite of high quality web applications.
Work closely with the CTO and Director of Design.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The is a remote work arrangement, so applicants must have their own computer and internet connection.
The position is paid hourly on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for an individual, no agencies or subcontracts please.
- Developing APIs modeled as microservices
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Node.js including Grunt/Gulp etc
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgreSQL is an asset)
- Experience with cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB)
- Experience working in agile teams
Qualified applicants should be prepared to:
- Provide portfolio work
- Perform a skill testing task (less than 1 hour, if shortlisted) to prove technical ability
- Be available for remote interview over Skype/Hangouts