IMPORTANT: This job is region restricted. Please do not bid if you're not physically located in the USA, Canada or the UK!
You need to be willing to sign contacts, such as an NDA and other IP related agreements.
We are looking for a team of highly organized coders that can build a very high quality API focused product in a short amount of time. We need API, Front End, Back End and Graphic Design expertise. This is a complete package from the ground up, 100% from scratch. We'd prefer to work with someone that can dedicate a large amount of resources to get the project done quickly.
I do have my own internal development team so we will be consulting and providing direction through out the project, we do not however have the bandwidth currently to dev this ourselves and we need it done yesterday.
Tech Specs (may change slightly based on recommendations and discussion):
-All mysql connections should use prepared statements with PDO
-caching/non critical db applications
-PHP session handling
Should interface only using the backend API.
Should be dynamic either via ajax or websockets, ajax is prefered.
The project concept:
Definition: Collectable eSports memorabilia - just like baseball cards (or any other sports card) except we’re digital / virtual and we’re focused on eSports / Professional Gaming and Players.
The idea is simple – Combine professional CSGO Players (or Dota 2 players or any other professional eSport tournament game) with Baseball cards, Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone and you have this basic concept.
Website and API system so players can trade virtual cards or unopened virtual foil packs with other traders, very similar to Steams item trading system but far less restrictive. http://steamcommunity.com/market/
1) Player buys a foil pack for $X.XX from the website or an authorized partner website.
2) Player can open that foil pack to get random common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare and special limited quantity edition ultra rare trading cards or player can simply trade the unopened foil pack (or use foil packs as a sort of currency to get a rare card they want for their collection from another player).
3) Cards consist of professional eSports players of a certain game, counter strike global offensive for example. Cards will have a similar layout to a professional baseball card (rated rookie, mvp, all star, draft pick, or any other game specific terminology used to describe professional eSports athletes). The bigger the star the more rare the card will be in a pack for example (we should be able to set rarity when creating the card though a product management system).
4) Cards have random rare inserts like team stickers, redeemable voucher cards, special rare collectible cards. Perhaps other special edition inserts based on what we come up with. Need a system to create cards on the fly which we can design based on a template system and set parameters to (rarity, type, picture, stamps, ect).
5) Player cards and special insert cards that are not redeemable can come out in 1 of 7 random conditions: Pristine, Mint, Near Mint, Excellent, Good, Fair and Poor. Thus adding to the diversity and rarity of any certain card in a collection. An ultra rare pristine card being very hard to come by. Rarity will have cosmetic effect on look of card. Poor showing ruffed / freyed corners, crease in the card down the middle, where as a Pristine card would be absolutely flawless and have no signs of wear in the graphics.
6) Foil packs will have editions or series. Once a new edition or series comes out, you can no longer purchase more of the last edition or series from esports legends and only gain new trading cards from existing foil packs in the trade economy from foil packs that were purchased during that time and are currently unopened in collectors inventories. Editions may be based on seasons of tournaments or another determining factor based on the game they are for. TBD
7) Cards can have a loot card redeemable for something external which will be redeemed through a partner entity (TBD). Specific Loot cards can have a chance of appearing in a foil pack from 0.00001% to 100% chance of getting one for each pack opened.