Hi. I need a simple 1 page iOS iPhone App that will be published under my Apple Developer Account in the App Store (I've had 100% of my Apps recently approved; over 7 Apps).
I have a PHP website with a MySQL database that's made on an MVC custom framework...and I know a lot about it because I'm a self-taught web developer (so I can tell you everything you need to know to quickly save the fields I need from the App into my website database). There's currently no API for iOS, but there is one for Android that might work for iOS - I just don't have enough experience to know for sure.
The App requirements:
1) I need to get each users' location coordinates (lat & long & timestamp) and save them to my database in the user_positions table (already exists) either every 10 seconds or every change in 10 meters (according to recent Apple/Swift features).
2) I would also like to post the most recent lat & long (& timestamp) to the users table in my database (similar to #1 above).
3) I would like to be able to send push notifications from a basic web page to:
- all users
- an individual user (maybe somehow using email as the selection field)
- a group of users defined by a column/field in my db, like device_type: iOS
Note: If you set up some real, working code that shows me an example of how to trigger/execute a function that does each of these, then that would be great.
Obivously we need to transfer/post the Device ID and the APN Push Token to my database somehow - so I'm open to suggestions for how to do this?
The only thing I can think of is a Login page (or maybe even just an email field?) in the app that authenticates the user against my database, checks if a Device and APN Token exist, then saves them - and upon successful login, shows a simple "Welcome, you're logged into the App." message.
I have the App Icon, Submission Info and 1 page background already designed and ready to go. Thanks!