Modeling and Rendering Brief – Martin
The Project - This is a new second dwelling to a suburban block which has an existing house part of which will be visible in the renders. We will be presenting two design options to the client, a two storey option and a single storey option. We will require 2 external images of both options.
- The ArchiCAD file provided has a basic model of the existing house and the new dwelling modelled. These will need to be enhanced substantially to create final renders. It is expected that the existing house shown in the renderes will look like the photos of the existing house.
To provide some modelling work and then 4 high quality exterior renders for the Martin project. The aim of producing the images is to convince the client of the strength of the design proposals, to obtain sign off from the client.
• Four professionally rendered images of the house exterior, to present the two design options for the second dwelling. The files must be of sufficient quality to suit printing at A3 size, at a minimum resolution of 200 dpi.
• Copies of all working files are also to be provided.
The work is to be completed within one week.
Photos of the existing site.
Current 3D model of the proposed design, in ArchiCad format.
As we are architects we will require drafts supplied and we will require amendments as we need to ensure the work is meeting our requirements, so the price quoted will need to allow for these potential adjustments or corrections.
Design and modelling work required:
• The existing house and new second dwelling have only been modelled to a very basic level, and should be considered to be a bare shell. Items placed in the model such as furniture, finishes, appliances, doors and windows are intended only to communicate the general layout, and should be adjusted or replaced as directed. Direction will be provided in the form of mark-ups, hand sketches, and/or images. Specifically the following tasks are required:
• Source suitable furniture, lighting, decoration and accessory items to furnish the 3D model and give the feel of a home environment.
• Model decorative cornice and skirting board profiles based on the existing items shown in the photos.
• Complete the exterior finishes as directed.
- Additional information and an updated ArchiCAD file will be given to you if you are contracted to do the job.
This is a new second dwelling to a suburban block which has an existing house part of which will be visible in the renders.
- The ArchiCAD file provided has a basic model of the existing house and the new dwelling modelled. These will need to be enhanced substantially to create final renders where the existing house looks like the house shown in the example photos and the new dwelling
- It is important that the, some areas are existing- please keep existing weatherboards as shown in the “existing home images” examples.
• Please use lighting as needed by all renders to be set during the day.
• IMPORTANT: please make all internal renders homely. With flower vases, plants, outdoor furniture, cushions etc.
DROPBOX LINK WITH ALL FILES BELOW: