We want to generate 3D drawings for most of our products in DWG format.
Product range see https://www.heliosventilatoren.de/de/component/jdownloads/send/33-kataloge/766-helios-hauptkatalog-4-0 or an extract from this catalogue in english language at http://www.heliosfans.co.uk/Files/HeliosUK/pdf/gigabox.pdf
Your job would be:
- Create a macro or program that “feeds” Autocad Inventor (or what ever software you propose).
- Create the drawing of the parametric product models used by the macro or program. This will be 100+ models.
- Maybe help setting up the programs using teamviewer.com
We will provide the .xlsx files with the data. File “masstabelle.xlsx” would be an example, on how we prepare the data for you tho create the models.
Workflow of the macro:
1. Scan a sub-directory (which can be specified) on a network share for the existence of files with the file name ending on .xlsx. See sample “sample input kwl.xlsx”.
2. If a file is found, next steps are:
3. Ignore the first line of the first worksheet, as it’s for descriptive purposes.
4. Check the next line, whether field in column A is not empty. If empty go to (8.).
5. Load the model with the name which is defined in column C (also located on a network share) and generate a 3D-drawing with the dimensions specified in the next columns.
6. Save the 3D-DWG with a filename generated from columns B and A.
E.g. “KWL EC 270 W ET R - - 4229-003.dwg” to the output directory.
7. Go to (3.).
8. Expand the filename of the current .xlsx with date and time and then move the .xlsx to the directory “job-done”.
9. Wait for 5 minutes and start again at (1.) (We could also use a task planner to start the process regularly.)
Network share e.g. \3d-convert
- \3d-convert\input (scan here for .xlsx files)
- \3d-convert\output (put the 3D .dwg drawings here)
- \3d-convert\job-done (move the .xlsx file here after conversion has finished)
The .xlsx input file may contain data for several different models on the same worksheet. XLSX is not mandatory, xls or csv (semicolon) would also be possible.
We will be using German system settings, so comma separates decimals.
The models only need to represent the outer dimensions of the product. Internal details are not necessary.
The macro/program will be running on a separate virtual machine with Windows 10 or Linux 24/7. So it needs to be stable or self healing in case of problems. It would be helpful, if there would be some feedback by e-mail if there’s a problem. (Network path inaccessible or crash etc.)
To apply for this job, if you could present a screen-video of a working demo of the solution you propose.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at +49-7720-39 29 090
We are based in Germany, so we know about VAT regulations and we will also provide a copy of upworks invoice to us, if you need it.