The position of CAD Technician is responsible for the creation of engineering piece part and assembly design through the use of CAD solid modeling. This is a contract position that will be required to work full time in the first two weeks in the office.
• Use Autodesk Inventor Suite (mainly Inventor and AutoCAD) to create, modify, and release drawings to purchasing and manufacturing.
• Use Autodesk Inventor models (parts and assemblies), sketches, drawings, and written specifications, to create Autodesk Inventor part and assembly drawings. Annotate drawings as required (BOMs, dimensions, details, etc.)
• Use AutoCAD and Worden’s internal CAD symbols library to create floor plans. Tag individual furniture pieces to match equipment list. Recommend changes to equipment list based on floor plan layouts.
• Communicate with Customer Service, Design Engineering, Purchasing, and MRP Data Load to understand project requirements and expectations for deliverables.
• Occasionally create factory processing information through the use of the MRP system (creating BOMs and routing instructions.)
• Certification from recognized CAD training facility.
• 3D CAD experience required. Autodesk Inventor preferred, but SolidWorks or Pro/E / PTC CREO are acceptable.
• 2D AutoCAD experience preferred, but not required.
• Experience with commercial and institutional furniture preferred.
• Experience in a woodworking facility is preferred.
• Experience with CNC and other automated equipment is helpful, but not required.
• Experience with contract (business and institutional) furniture preferred, but not required. Familiarity with BIFMA standards is helpful.
• Focused and attentive to details.
• Ability to function with interruptions and deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to read blueprints.