Our auction software suite is being used by reputable companies and auctioneers across the globe (http://www.bidpath.com/experience/) to host, showcase, run, and manage/invoice/settle their own timed and/or live online auctions.
We are looking for a developer to fill a full time position for ongoing changes/fixes/improvements that will be assigned on a weekly or on an ad-hoc basis.
We need the developer to be available at least 4 hours during our regular business hours from 9am - 5pm PACIFIC (GMT-8/ GMT-7)
This is not a fixed price project, it's an ongoing arrangement.
To apply, please post links to source code examples (github, dropbox or else)
We want to see your ability to create modular business layer.
Your code should be well structured, commented and correspond best OOP practices.
Your code shouldn't ideally follow SOLID principles, but we want to see, that you understand how to apply them and why they are useful.
E.g. we want to see, that your business layer is separated from infrastructure layer, that your modules are low coupled, that unit tests can easily be applied to it.
Please make a short description of your project from architecture point of view.
What best practices have you applied? Point to your sources.
What weak sides do you see in your implementation? How would you solve them, if you need to improve?
Describe your experience in writing tests for your code. Show us, if you have samples.
Describe your experience in source code refactoring.
- Extend, maintain and improve the existing application based on project scopes
- Estimate implementation time of feature scopes
- Implement new, extend & refactor features and modules to specifications as required
- Analyze problems and help fix bugs
- Communicate with other developers, the QA team and project managers
- Document code
- Make suggestions for improvements
- Ask questions
- expert PHP 5.3+ (OO, namespaces, patterns)
- expert MySQL (select, update, create, alter, joins, explain, indexes, unions, optimizing queries)
- advanced HTML, JS, CSS skills (read and write by hand)
- good communication skills
- good English in written (and speaking)
- good Linux skills (cd, cat, nano / vi, tail, grep)
- excellent analytical skills
- advanced experience with ZF1, QCodo is a plus
- experience with phpDoc
- experience with JS frameworks (jquery)
- experience with frontend framework (bootstrap)
- experience with repositories (mainly svn) (checkout, commit, resolve conflicts, merge, branches)
- experience with high traffic web applications (performance, resource footprints, concurrency)
- experience with transactional web applications (concurrency, transactions)
- advanced experience with ecommerce (shopping cart, payment gateways auth.net, PCI compliance)
- security awareness (xss, escaping parameters, encryption, hashing, PCI compliance)
- understanding of auctions (timed/ ebay, live) a plus
- at least 4 hours overlap on SF business hours (9am-6pm Pacific / 4pm-1am GMT) Mo-Fr