Hello to every Linux and or Android administrators. With this project I would like to install Linux Debian as the main Operatyng System on my Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 using exactly the approach used in this tutorial :
I would do this,because this way,compared with the most used actually (I'm talking about to install linux with the chroot on top of the Android installation),has many advantages,like :
1) Full GNU/Linux Debian installation with lots of apt-get:able packages
2) Full control of the Android environment from Debian
3) Simultaneous use of Debian as well as Android
4) Access the Android file system from your workstation desktop via ssh/sftp
5) No need to unmount/remount the SDcard accessing it via ssh/sftp
6) Makes it easy to backup both the Android as well as the Debian system
7) Android system untouched and unaware of any modifications
8) Android root file system no longer volatile, edits are kept between reboots
9) Critical file systems kept on SDcard for easy access in case of major f**k up
10) Graphic X11 Windows user interface, both client and server, local and remote,
native,over SSH or VNC
11) Zero performance impact
12) Easy to modify your Android ROM selectively, without the need to reflash the entire
13) Manage your Android device as any other GNU/Linux system
Recently I have installed android 4.4 on the galaxy mini 2. It works decently,but I see that the wi-fi connection is not working,so I have no access to the google play store. Maybe you need it for complete the project ? I don't know. But now you know that the phone is not able to reach internet using this way,but could do it using another way,if you find it.
I have a medium experience on the Linux administration,so you will not make the whole job alone. I can help you a lot. I've already installed Debian 8.02 inside the virtual machine where you will work and where I have attached my phone trough the usb cable,so you can work with it using the ADB commands. I have already rooted the phone so you should not worry about this.
What about the money you will get ? Don't expect much money,because I'm a poor student (of psychology). I don't have a good job right now,since I'm studying and I can't give you a good amount of money. So,please,accept this job more like a challenge than a good chance for making money. Sorry for this.
Ok,gurus of android and linux,let's stat with this new exciting project ?