**WHAT WE HAVE**
We are an ecommerce company and we have multiple excel files to help sellers list their products on our portal. Each of these excel files have a similar format (sample attached), i.e.
1. A ‘Data Guidelines’ sheet. (Irrelevant for this Job)
2. An ‘Accepted Values’ sheet which contains data in columnar format (All Field Labels in the first row, Data below), and
3. One or more sheet for data entry used by sellers for Product Listing.
Now, few of the fields in each data entry sheet (named in the sample file as: Accessories, Protective Gear & Clothing, and Security) will be filled up using a dropdown list (Data Validation).
**WHAT WE NEED**
1. A VBA script that generates dropdown list.
2. The script should generate dropdown lists only below those Field Labels whose field label has matched those provided in the ‘Accepted Values’ sheet. Rest of the fields will permit free text to be entered, hence should be left untouched.
3. The source of the dropdown list is to be fetched from the ‘Accepted Values’ sheet. Data appearing below the field label will naturally become the options in the list.
4. If the new values are added to the sheet, i.e. Field Label and / or data below the field labels, the list should reflect the new data or the new dropdown list.
4. Since we have multiple excel files, we would expect this script to work on files with a similar format. You can suggest us how we will be able to do that. We are ready to make small changes(using find and replace) file to file to make it work.
5. The file should retain data upon saving and re-opening the file.
6. The dropdown should appear on 200 rows below.
**WHAT YOU NEED TO DO**
1. Make an excel VBA as per above requirement.
2. Test the script if it performs as per requirements.
3. Demonstrate how we will be able to use this script on other files (we’ll send you another sample file). You’ll have to show us how to make such changes. We would prefer you use a screen recording software for this demo, but you are free to suggest other methods of your choice.
**WHAT WE ARE OFFERING**
1. We’ll pay a fixed price for the project. Send us your bid. We’ll accept if we find your bid to be genuine, or negotiate if we really like your profile.
2. Immediate payment. Once we receive and test the script, we’ll quickly release the amount.
Interested freelancers, please apply mentioning the below details:
1. Experience in Excel VBA programming. (Newbs are cool too!)
2. Estimated time duration to complete this project.
3. Your fees. (Please mention the amount we will be required to make a payment of.)
Only applications with the above details will be considered – this is to make sure you’ve read the application.
If you wish to clarify any doubts about this project, please send a mail on