Tech Officers is an established technology solutions provider in San Francisco, building a team with a track record of success. We welcome and embrace diversity! As a certified LGBTBE, we’re a safe space for LGBT individuals. We support women in tech and provide financial support to organizations that encourage females to enter tech fields.
We are looking to work with a software developer in the US who seeks a challenging project, is willing to do what is necessary to achieve project goals, and can make a long-term contribution.
The project revolves around a web application developed in 2007 in ASP.NET with an MSSQL (2005) back-end. The application manages operations of a company from end-to-end, starting with quote/estimate/order to service delivery and invoicing. The product has been rolled-out in phases, with the front-end being live and in place for many years. We’re almost ready to release the time tracking and invoicing portion of the product, but we’re looking for a developer that can pick-up where previous developers have left off. The primary developer is available for reference, if necessary.
We’re looking to develop a relationship with someone that can be our “on-call” developer for this system, going forward. We have years of wish list items to address, but we need a viable resource to complete these items.
Review existing code, resolve outstanding issues in the development system and work to merge both production and development systems. Unfortunately, the code forked six years ago, and we need to review changes made in both the production system and the development system to merge these into a final production environment. Be available for trouble issues that may arise from the release of this next phase.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Develop in ASP .NET code and MSSQL backend
- Work with team on new SDLC architecture for future code (transport code from Dev to Test to Production via SVN or GIT)
- Work with Tech Officers’ Business Process Analyst on requirements for new features
- Provide estimates on resolution around existing issues and new features
- Interact with Tech Officers liaison, on the phone and online, to resolve code issues
- Respond to requests within four (4) business hours (not resolution, but response)
- Present a “can-do” attitude and provide options for issues, not roadblocks
- Respond to and communicate via tracking system (Basecamp)
- Openly and swiftly communicate with Tech Officers liaison on any issues or barriers that arise from work related to this project
- Provide feedback to streamline problem resolution process
Requirements of the Position
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in American English
- Proven track record of experience and effectiveness in ASP .NET and MSSQL
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, SDLC methodologies, and standard coding toolsets
- Willingness and affinity for email and phone support and service activity
- Demonstrated the capacity to work in a team environment and be trained as needed
- Self-starter and capable of working without continuous supervision
- Ability to handle difficult people and situations while staying composed and in control
- Incredibly proficient at solving complex problems
- Passion for software development and helping people find the best solutions to fit their needs
Compensation & Details
- Part-Time, Contract
- Long-term potential on this project as well as options for work with other opportunities within Tech Officers
- Telecommute from Home / Remote Worker
- No interaction with end-users required