This is a research project that must be done in a rush (by Sunday afternoon). We need someone with loads of IPTV experience to do the following:
1. Research development environments/SDKs for each of the following platforms:
Amazon Fire TV
Google ChromeCast TV
Ms Windows Mobile
Amazon Fire Phone
2. Report on the following capabilities:
a. Programming Language
b. Does it support mRSS feeds for video?
c. Can categories also be defined by mRSS?
d. Does it support in-app purchases?
ii. PPV/ Downloads
e. Describe HOW in-app purchases are supported - is it platform dependent or can users integrate their own subscription services/ payment gateways?
f. Can subscriptions/ PPV be integrated into a website through API?
g. Does example code exist for subscriptions/ ppv services?
h. Does it support a 'simulated' live stream by taking an RSS feed and streaming it live?
i. Does it support advertising?
1. Can we use a 3rd party ad services such as Doubleclick? LIst all supported 3rd party ad services for preroll, midroll and/or postroll ads.
2. Describe how 3rd party ad services are integrated.
3. Is there sample code for 3rd party ad integration?
j. Can we specify that one feed of mRSS will be free videos, supported by ads while another feed of mRSS will be 'gated' as premium videos?
k. Can we programatically through either XML or JSON inform the app which videos are PPV/ Download and exactly what to charge for those PPV/ Download videos? Describe the process.
j. Clarify what code can be reused on which devices (E.G. Amazon Fire/ Phone) and also if there are universal technologies such as HTML5 that can be used as cross-platform app code base.
j. Outline the process of publishing an app on the relevant platform and note the web address of any admin tools.