Passport Supply Co is positioning itself as a lifestyle brand. It’s flagship products are scented candles. Yes. We sell candles - and damn good ones. To some, it’s a benign product category, but we’re certain our unique scents will appeal to an ever growing swatch of the population. That’s where you come in. We need a gifted copywriter who can help refine and capture our voice in a nuanced and witty way. We don’t need someone to digest scientific facts and studies and feed it back to our audience in the form of shit they’ll never read. Rather, we’re looking for someone who can inject our brand and products into existing conversations.
What we’re looking to you to help us with
- Provide Thoughtful and Genuine Content. Not long form. We’re not shooting for Popular Science or National Geographic.
- Social Commentary
- Nothing too provocative or divisive. We’re not looking to start a fight. Certainly nothing political unless we’re looking to start a fight, which isn’t out of the question. Alright, let’s pick a few fights, but make sure its in front of our audience - so we can control it.
- Humor where humor it’s intended and needed
- We’re suckers for subversive and subtle humor and not afraid to take one on the chin at our own expense.
- This probably should have been number 1 on the list, but we’re confident, if all else falls into place, so will this - We are looking for someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in SEO and Back Linking.
- A Touch of Sarcasm, when needed
- Poke fun at us before others
- Sponsored Content
- Advise on key niche markets - produce and deliver on topic, on target content.
- Native Advertising - Someone who has experience with Native Content and long form ad and product integration
- Business Writing Experience is a HUGE Plus.
- We want you to research our industry, provide thoughtful insights, but through a humorous and slightly self deprecating lens.
- Ability to design humorous infographics is a plus. We will entertain sub-contractors for this part.
- The ability to speak to a wide cross section of consumers. On any given week, this could be middle aged house wives or East Village Hipster Types. By now you know what we’re talking about….The Northwesterners who think Portlandia is a documentary and the deep south affluent, who the rest of us dismiss. You’re a word NARC. You can slide into any conversation and steer it in the direction you want.
- You’re a master of grammar and dialog. You know how to use language and context to your advantage
- Social Strategies
- Get us, our products and conversations in front of the right people.
- Influence Management
- Identify key influencers in our space and engage them. Offer them free samples in return for promotional exposure. Offer them sexual favors, too. *Please note, you’ll be responsible for fulfilling those favors - so offer them up wisely. And, we don’t reimburse for protection.
If you think you’re up to the challenge let us know. If you think you’re entire life has been leading up to this, you need help and we look forward to reading your first novel. Either way, click apply and lets talk.