AWP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the startup phase. We have received some initial seed funding but are looking to apply for addition grants and awards.
In addition, we are looking into conducting some extensive R&D to help us create, build and implement our services/programs. A lot of the research will be synthesizing existing information into comprehensive curriculums; however, we will also need to conduct primary research on the issues we are trying to address as well as market research.
This post is not to find the person who will conduct the service/programming research. I am looking for someone who is familiar with applying for research-based grants where the research is meant to be IMPLEMENTED in some sort of programming and/or product/service/program development funding. It is very important to note that this research is surrounding a social justice issue -- anti-human trafficking, rehabilitation & economic empowerment initiatives for survivors of sex trafficking, prevention, awareness through student engagement etc.
We are a startup with limited resources. We have a small team. I need someone who will be familiar with and able to help me in a holistic way.
****The help I am looking for is to determine:
1. Exactly what types of grants/awards/fellowships we should be looking for
2. How to structure the R&D part of our startup to be the most efficient and effective in bringing programming/services "to market"
3. How the research itself should be structured to optimize effectiveness, applicability to receiving funding and our nonprofit's goals
4. What sort of person or people are needed to conduct this kind of R&D so we can make the best hires
5. Where to find the right people to hire and how to incentivise their work
****In addition, I will need assistance:
6. Finding relevant resources in order to find grants/awards/fellowships for us to apply to
7. Finding relevant places to recruit the person or people best suited for our R&D work
8. Developing our approach to applying for, receiving and managing funding and the R&D
I imagine completing all of these things is going to take a bit of time. We will break the tasks into relevant milestones in order to address all of these topics.
If you do not feel you are well suited for one or two of these tasks but are well-suited to other tasks, I will simply need your assistance in finding someone to fill those gaps. I need you to be upfront about these limitations -- they will not automatically disqualify you! This is partially a consulting job but also a research job -- I will need more than "your word for it" in many of these areas. I will need you to help procure materials, resources etc where applicable.
I will need you to be able to interview via a phone call or some sort of video chat (skype, google hangouts etc). Throughout this project, we will need to be able to discuss tasks over the phone or through video chat as well as through email etc as it will require a high level of collaboration.
If you are looking for quick payment for minimal effort, please do not apply. This nonprofit is, obviously, quite important to me and my team and we are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in helping us prepare to provide care to survivors of sex trafficking and related abuse (that does NOT mean you have to have familiarity/experience in that area in particular!) through these initiatives. The dollar amount quoted is the initial budget I am setting for this project and is NOT necessarily a cap.
Thank you and look forward to receiving your applications!