Data entry and migration for consulting clients to our MicroStrategy account:
We require an individual who will allocate a weeks time (per client) to upload and prepare data to be accessed and used by our BI tool (MicroStrategy https://www.microstrategy.com). Overall allotted time should not exceed 1-2 days, however given that clients will usually not provide all data in the appropriate format, delays are caused.
Examples of adjustments to be made by you:
- A csv file is in inverse cross-tabular format and needs to be manually adjusted, so that 'Metrics' and 'Attributes' are assigned correctly.
- An Excel spreadsheet contains too many notes and comments and MicroStrategy can't extract the appropriate information without mistakes.
- Integration with the client's Salesforce or sql database is not working (you shall find out why and fix it).
There is no need for you to directly interact with the client. However, we do require that you
- either have previous work experience working with MicroStrategy or are willing to learn (there is a 5-day in person course available depending on your location);
- have prior management and/or strategy consulting experience (enabling you to know how to present the data (and possibly already point out some basic discrepancies);
- have basic understanding of big data and predictive analytics;
- know how to parse and wrangle data sets (both from a technical as well as a 'common sense' perspective);
- be prompt and available (we do try to give you some days prior notice) [If you do well on your first assignment, this could become a more permanent arrangement].
As a given, we assume that the aforementioned requirements regarding your skills and expertise are met:
a) You receive information, data and documents from us (they will be in the right format or you must, (initially) with our instructions, turn them into the right format);
b) You will ensure that all information we require has been uploaded;
c) You will double-check that the information is accurate (by scanning for red flags or outliers caused by faulty data);
d) You will utilise your strategic knowledge and prepare the data in the most relevant fashion (this should take you no more than 15 minutes, as it is all automated).
The budget is negotiable as long as you perform the work without mistakes in a timely, self-sufficient way. We will reward you if we see that you have done your research, take the initiative, don't shy away from extra work and continue to improve. The more seamless the process is, the more valuable you become to us.
An additional bonus can be negotiated for the following deliverables (at a later stage):
a) You interact with the client directly and execute the entire process (this will only be an option if we feel completely comfortable with you and trust you);
b) You give us a brief (1-page) document with key takeaways from the data (based on the visuals you have prepared).
Bonus a) would be larger than bonus b); bonus b) would most likely only be interesting to us if you have a proven track record of analysing data for business operations.