Automation of Work Order process:
Work Orders are used in our company to create jobs with tasks for different people to accomplish. Sections of the work orders are either printed or mailed by PDF to the appropriate individuals. They are supposed to complete their part, check off their portion of the work order and return them to the office.
What happens is that it takes time to create a work order, perhaps 1 hour in some cases, when it should be a matter of minutes. Then people sometimes do their tasks but never update or return the work order. Other people sometimes forget they have been assigned tasks so things do not get done.
Here is a list of main deliverables:
1. Take our excel work order and make it into a web application that can be used online.
2. Ensure that work order can be created online, where fields are drop downs or self populate, and can be updated as needed by an admin.
3. Ability to assign areas of the work order to certain personnel, so they know what tasks they need to accomplish.
4. Automate the process of notifying people of work order tasks waiting for the.
5. Ability for people to update or close their tasks on the application.
6. Link certain fields on the work order to quickbooks if possible, such as job number, etc.
7. Dashboard to see the status of a work order based on the status of each activity.
8.Ability for people to quickly see their open tasks.
We expect the developer to help us migrate from an excel spreadsheet into a much richer and faster experience that our employees can use.
We expect the design to be very sleek and help us reduce the time to create a work order from an hour to minutes, and also help us keep visibility of open work orders.