Remote Mailbox for Packages
Context: I live in a house with a long driveway. My mailbox is at the end of the driveway, quite a walk from my house. I receive a lot of packages. Instead of going out there checking for packages I would like to be informed whenever there is a package that’s been delivered.
I want to set up a box where the post office, Fedex, etc can drop packages.
• Everytime that happens I would like to get a notification on my cell phone.
• There should also be a status I can see on my cell phone, such as “box empty”, “box contains package(s)”, “box full”.
• I have internet/wifi in my house, but the signal doesn’t go all the way to where the box would be.
What kind of system would you suggest for
• the remote box (i.e. which sensors, platform, etc.)
• the platform at my house (assuming that’s where it will be connected to the internet)
• the communication between the box and the platform at my house?
Keep in mind also that I need something that does not require me to switch batteries every week. Rather, batteries should last several months.
Curious as to what you suggest and if you would feel comfortable with the task.
I would be building the system according to your instructions (i.e. I will order all necessary parts and connect them as per your design). You would also do the coding.