I am looking for an engineer to create a multiphysics simulation of heat transfer in a cylindrical tank.
This is a base example similar to what we're looking for:
The model will need to be updated to include:
- the dimensions of the cylindrical tank,
- the thickness of the steel walls,
- the characteristics of the fluid inside the tank (density, specific heat, etc.),
- the volume of fluid inside the tank (static),
- a time-varying outside air temperature,
- all physical heat transfer mechanisms (conduction, convection, radiation of all materials including the walls and fluid).
The volume of fluid in the tank will remain fixed, and its initial temperature will be known.
We would prefer a solution in COMSOL, but are open to other simulation packages as well as long as they include all the necessary modeling (ie conduction, convection, radiation).
The engineer must have their own license to whatever software...