Title: Firewall Engineer
Duration: 3 Months
The Firewall Engineer is a member of the Global Information Security team and performs technical activities for delivering effective network and application firewall implementations.
This position will have primary responsibility for analysis, configuration and testing of network and application layer firewalls and related information security systems.
The Firewall Engineer’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) firewall system management and maintenance activities architecture and configuration review, deployments, monitoring and reporting. This position will assume the lead role for all Info Sec team firewall maintenance, review and change approval processes and procedures, development of security standards and requirements related to firewall devices and systems. The Engineer will also have a role on the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT). The Firewall Engineer provides support to planning, designing and implementing security controls which safeguard and monitor events for enterprise networks, information systems, enterprise applications and data.
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and mange firewall and related system configurations and activity.
· Maintain, configure, and analyze network and application firewalls and related systems including:
o Setting base configuration guidelines and requirements
o Ensures the configurations are backed up to a central location
o Review and analysis of firewall and related log data
o Performing traffic analysis of existing network and firewall implementations
o Review of advisories, release notes and similar technical bulletins
o Analysis of firewall related data in the company’s SEIM system
o Configuration and support of VPN connections and technologies (IPSec, SSL etc.)
· Evaluate systems using vulnerability scanners and manual techniques to verify system security settings and configurations. May be required to remediate vulnerabilities identified by scanning tools.
· Provide reoccurring reports for network and host-based security solutions.
· Provide CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
· Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
· Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
· Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
· Provide off-hours support as needed basis.
· Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.