I am a children’s book publisher. I am in need of multiple children story writer who are very creative in writing stories with captivating scenes and dialogues.
The job requires you to produce well-researched, well-written educative stories for the genres mentioned above. The stories are aimed at grade 3 – grade 8 (Age group 8-12 years) children.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
- Each story needs to be approximately 12,000 words divided into 10 chapters.
- At least 50-60% story must move forward through dialogues which must not be lengthy ones.
- Story must be delivered with a 150 words description / excerpts / plot summary.
- The story can be in Hindi or English.
- There will be exhaustive editing involved, spelling and basic grammatical errors will be acceptable. But there won’t be any compromise with the quality of the storyline, scenes and dialogues.
- The story need to be fun, witty and humorous. Writer must be able to skillfully arouse our readers’ imagination.
- The setting for each story is across a particular INDIAN STATE/UT (will finalize mutually).
- Apply mentioning your native Indian STATE / UT for which you must be a native speaker OR you have the command over the native language of the STATE and are well versed with the local tourist places and cuisine.
- I will provide you with a subject and you must do research to write the best book.
- Note that it is aimed at children. So avoid horror and super natural subjects.
- The story should be delivered in .doc or .docx format.
Please let me know if you have ever written any such story, if yes, then provide a sample or send me the link of the writings for priority response.
No need to worry if you are a fresher, I am eager to work with new talents provided they must adhere to the requirements and the deadlines.
I'm looking to move quickly on this project and will only hire writers that can commit to finishing the story (with revisions – if required) within two weeks of accepting the job.
By applying and accepting this job, you understand and agree that this is a WORK FOR HIRE and ghostwriting position. This means once accepted and we pay you for the work, you will not retain any right to the finished products. We reserve the right to use the material in any form, whether electronic or print, and will own all rights for publication, including but not limited to, the copyright, byline right, resale, ownership, editing, revision and distribution right. You will have no rights to distribute or republish the material in any form whatsoever, even excerpts.
Absolutely no plagiarism will be tolerated. The finished piece will be examined closely for any evidence of plagiarism, and should such evidence be found, the writer will be summarily dismissed without payment.
PAYMENTS & TIMELINE
I will pay USD 50 (approx INR 3400) per story.
We work with following milestone format:
1. Work begins: Day 0 – Book/Story instructions provided
2. Submit excerpts / plot summary and 3 chapters – Day 3-Day 4
3. Final work to be submitted – Day 12
4. Revisions (if any) – Day 13-Day 14
5. Final work accepted – Day 15 (or As soon as the Final work with revision accepted) - 100% payment.
I am looking to create consistent assignments and to gain an ongoing business relationship with chosen applicant(s). I am outlining some future projects also. If you do a good job, then I will undoubtedly be using you again and the rates of pay will most definitely rise to reflect your accomplishments.
Please refrain from this project if any of the above conditions don't suit you. The Publishing House won’t be able to negotiate on any of the above.
You need to submit a sample plot idea based on the guidelines provided by me for assessment before hiring.
When you respond to this post, type "TRAVEL" as the first word in your response so we know you took the time to carefully read this post.
I look forward to working with you.