We have developed an API-focused application to check emails sent from Outlook. We are now looking to extend our product to work on Gmail. The APIs are developed and stable, and we now need to an chrome/gmail extension to replicate our Outlook addin.
We are looking to hear from experienced developers who have built chrome/gmail extensions before and therefore know what is, and what is not possible.
Requirements for extension:
- Get handle on send event either using existing libraries*, on send button click, on cdm+enter etc. This handle must be real-time, we cannot use IMAP
- On send event, extract certain metadata
- Format metadata in JSON
- Call API with JSON
- If API response == 0, then send the email
- If API response == 1, then show a warning message to the sender
* Official Google APIs, InboxSDK, gmail.js, gmailr etc
I would like to have a quick initial Skype call to discuss previous extension work you have done and also to discuss whether the requirements stated...