We are seeking a knowledable, well established, experienced freelancer in the area of electronic circuit design, firmware development, and PC application development for the programming of our new LED module.
We are designing a new LED module/light for the mobile industry i.e. automotive industry.
Contractor must be able to provide:
1. On time design of electronic LED circuit to meet our requirements.
2. On time development of firmware for this LED module.
3. The development of a PC application so that we may modify firmware varibles and program the module locally.
4. Understand and speak English fluently.
Some of the basic requirements of the design will be as follows:
- The size of the board will be approximately 2.40" long x .540" wide. We can provide the board dimensions and preferred position of LED's and margins on edges.
- We will anticipate that it will be .062" board thickness unless you specify otherwise.
- The number of layers required will be determined by the designer.
- At this time, we prefer MicroChip processors. Please advise.
- There will be (3 pcs) of super bright size 5050 SMD LED's on each side of the board. So, on side 1 there will be 3 pcs 5050 SMD on a circuit and on side 2 there will be 3 pcs 505 SMD on its circuit. Total of 6 LED's, 2 circuits.
- The circuit must be able to accomodate 12-24 VDC (mobile) supply voltage range.
- The circuit must be able to handle normal voltage spikes.
- The 5050 SMD's may be of white, red, blue, green, or amber. The board needs to be able to accomodate this if there are different voltage/current requirements for each LED color.
- Board must be able to disipate any heat that builds up.
- We would like to be able to control the on/off pattern of each LED circuit as well as the LED brightness. So, we should be able to make LED circuits flash or stead on. Also be able to control brightness. Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)??
- I need test/programming pads on the board as we plan to have the ability to program locally with Microchip PicKit3 programmer.
- We need you to develop firmware and basic softwware.
- We need a PC application in which we can develop hex code to be used with the MicroChip programmer for LED flash patterns for each circuit, brightness of each circuit, etc. Maybe here we also choose the LED color so that the program can accomodate the correct forward voltage/current?
I believe this gives you a good idea of the overall scope of the project. To sum it up, it is basically the circuit design of a mobile LED module, firmware development, and PC application for developing hex code/programming locally.
Please send us your resume and idea of timeline and cost for this project.
Thank you for taking the time to review and comments.