Civil Law Jobs

16 were found based on your criteria {{|number:0 }} were found based on your criteria

show all
  • Hourly ({{ jobTypeController.getFacetCount("0")|number:0}})
  • Fixed Price ({{ jobTypeController.getFacetCount("1")|number:0}})
Fixed-Price - Expert ($$$) - Est. Budget: $300 - Posted
Draft an Amended Petition and a Motion to Amend for an ongoing litigation. Need to read all paperwork and understand the case thoroughly. It is a small case. Need to amend to add additional counts and draft a motion to amend. Also need to be available to draft Interrogatories for discovery and legal defense docs. Also: 1. Need to include Unlimited revision of the documents until satisfied to make it easier to work with. 2. Payment will be escrowed and will be made in milestones. Milestone 1: Amended Complaint Milestone 2: Motion to Amend Need to be residing in and from United States. Need to be familiar with Virginia Circuit Court rules.
Skills: Civil Law Contract Law Legal research Litigation
Hourly - Expert ($$$) - Est. Time: Less than 1 month, 10-30 hrs/week - Posted
This job is for a letter that needs to be developed in response to a regulatory agency on civil rights. We will work together to develop a professional response. Expertise in civil rights, education, DOJ, would be extremely useful but not necessary. Freelancer should be a self-motivated U.S. Attorney with stellar writing and research skills.
Skills: Civil Law Legal Consulting Legal research Legal writing
Fixed-Price - Expert ($$$) - Est. Budget: $300 - Posted
I need someone to help me defining typically the best options in a divorce lawsuit in Connecticut. What can I expect from my pre-nuptial agreement and of the consistent behavior and facts since then (10 years) showing that my wife and myself have always kept our properties, loans, bank accounts and income separate, while we have lived separately too for most of the time ? Is my best option not to file for a Declaratory Judgment to clarify ? I have filed a Chapter 13 in the Federal Court of Miami last December and my plan was approved. I have a home that's not in foreclosure (reverse mortgage), and that's protected by the homestead exemption. No payment due there. The house is in my name only, my wife lives separately in Connecticut and has filed a divorce last June in Connecticut. According to 28 U.S. Code § 1334 Bankruptcy cases and proceedings, it seems that the Bankruptcy Court has prior and higher jurisdiction over my properties. For practical reasons, since I have a lawyer here to defend me at the bankruptcy court and I cannot afford one in Connecticut, I was contemplating the possibility of filing a Motion of Declaratory Judgment (Summary Judgment?) to ask the Bankruptcy Court to determine that my home is a non divisible property. Is this something feasible, typically ?
Skills: Civil Law Bankruptcy Family Law Litigation
Fixed-Price - Entry Level ($) - Est. Budget: $250 - Posted
I am self employed electrical engineer and battery expert. April 2015 I took a job to make a battery pack and protection circuit for a guy. I made it but he has changed his project several times and also changed the battery design. I have done my part but he won't leave me and my wife alone. He has hired other engineers who quit on him because he is such a jerk and he always comes back to me. I need to get this guy out of my life. He has tried to sue me once and the case was dismissed because he really didn't have any grounds for a lawsuit and now he is trying to sue me again. For what I am not sure because I asked him what he wanted and he can't tell me. He is just pissed and wants to sue me. He send harassing text messages and curses at my wife. We need him gone.
Skills: Civil Law Contract Law
Hourly - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Time: Less than 1 month, Less than 10 hrs/week - Posted
I recently filed a lawsuit and it has been continued because a witness of the defendant had planned a vacation before the court date. I have a copy of the voice recording as well. From my understanding if you don't think the witness will show up wouldn't you need to submit a subpoena not sure what to do here or if I need an attorney to contact
Skills: Civil Law Antitrust Contract Drafting Criminal Law
Hourly - Intermediate ($$) - Est. Time: More than 6 months, 10-30 hrs/week - Posted
I am being overwhelmed by opposing council to respond to my interrogatories. I am in the process of going through a palimony lawsuit. It is now my third year and I need assistance in responding to the interrogatories that are being asked by opposing council. I would like help to create the drafts that I would forward to my attorney. At present I am being charged by my attorney to redo the drafts that I submit and I would to present a cleaner first draft so that my legal fees can be reduced. It would help if you have experience in California Family Law, although the palimony is being pursued by Civil Law. (Contract) George Garcia
Skills: Civil Law Contract Drafting Contract Law Family Law