Our law office is looking for a contract paralegal to assist a busy law practice on an as needed basis. Our office primarily assists client with Real Estate, Landlord-Tenant, Probate and Estate Planning Manners. The primary role of this position includes:
• Assisting Attorney with drafting demand letters and correspondence to other law offices and clients
• Assisting Attorney with drafting pleadings in Real Estate and landlord-tenant matters
• Calendaring Case Deadlines and hearing Dates
• Assisting Attorney by drafting questions for civil discovery in Real Estate and Landlord-Tenant Matters
• Assisting Attorney by drafting responses to civil discovery and gathering discovery responses by contacting our clients for for responses.
Skills and Position Requirements:
• Excellent U.S. English grammar, vocabulary and spelling skills.
• Highly responsive, proactive and can return edited materials on time.
• Ability to perform work on an as needed basis.
• Ability to maintain attorney-client confidentiality of written correspondence and pleadings worked with.
• Ability to gather and proofread and edit responses to written discovery.
• Ability to prepare form pleadings after receiving instruction on how to do so.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Ability to work with formatting of legal documents on Microsoft Word.
• Experience working with legal documents in a civil litigation law practice.
• Experience with California Landlord-Tenant Law or California Real Estate Law and Civil Procedure is a huge plus! Experience with California Judicial Council Forms is a huge plus as well!
Our firm is looking for a person that can become apart of our growing legal team to provide the best legal services possible. We are looking for a person that has an interest in providing legal services or who is looking to become a lawyer. If you are interested in becoming apart of a growing law practice and want to make an impact on the individuals and families we serve, we encourage you to apply today!