LearnExec is seeking and enthusiastic and motivated Business Development Associate who has the business acumen to efficiently generate customer leads. With the ability to understand a company’s business dynamics, the Market Development Associate will uncover opportunities at Fortune 1000 companies, conduct prospect research and efficiently establish meetings for sales directors. This is a role critical in building an efficient, scalable global sales team.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for building relationships, delivering useful data and research insights, an affinity for technology, a creative approach to problem solving, and an ability to articulate effectively to prospects, C-level executives and internal stakeholders. This person must be extremely organized and be able to adapt quickly to change.
The position is based in Boston and will report to the Director, as well as work closely with other members of the sales and marketing teams.
• Source new sales opportunities primarily through outbound cold calls, but also lead follow-up and emails.
• Proactively identify prospects for specific verticals through market research, sales prospecting tools and social media.
• Maintain and enter all identified leads in Salesforce.com.
• Generate prospect email campaigns.
• Have a strong business aptitude in order to understand and articulate the client’s business need and target audience.
• Schedule phone meetings for two identified sales directors for qualified prospects.
• Manage a pipeline of prospective target companies with two sales directors.
• Collaborate regularly with two sales directors to discuss best practices, business and market trends, and review qualification approach to maximize opportunities.
• Collaborate with senior market development specialist on best practices.
• Position is based in Boston
• 1-3 years of b2b sales experience desired
• SaaS experience is preferred
• High-caliber work ethic and preparation, with focused attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience with Marketo and Salesforce.com is preferred
• Familiar with social media tools, ideally Twitter and LinkedIn
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Must be a good communicator and skilled at developing relationships through proactive sales outreach
• Skilled at prioritizing and managing time effectively
• A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
• BA/BS required
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive market-based commission up to 30% of enrollment fee per class attendee ($1,800).