Warber Media & Entertainment (WME), a William & Hart Inc. company is a global entertainment provider is currently organizing beauty pageant contest across Asia; starting with Malaysia. The title of the pageant contest is Miss University Malaysia.
We are currently looking for creative, resourceful, out-of-the-box thinker, dependable, independent and trendsetter individual to be part of our designer team for the following:
- Supporting global sales and product team, commercial deals and partnership opportunities
- Review, draft and negotiate broad range of commercial contracts
- Identify legal and commercial risk for the business
- Ensuring contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organization policies
- Monitoring contract process to ensure compliance within organization’s policies and guidelines, satisfaction of customers / vendors, including participation in pre-contract discussion, negotiation and changes
- Advise and represent organization on legal issues concerning patents, copyrights, trademark, incorporation, public placement memorandum, real estate and privacy
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting a law suits.
- Study statutes, decisions and ordinance to determine appropriate plan of action
- Prepare file and take cases to trial if out-of-court settlements cannot be reached or coordinate such legal matters handled by third-party counsel.
- Assess impact of case outcomes, and initiate steps to implement any resultant changes
- May provide legal advice regarding employment law. Liaise with Human Resources on all issues of the law related to the organization's human capital.
- Monitor legal issues and implications regarding discrimination, sexual harassment, health and safety, hiring and firing, as well as all other aspects of employee rights and responsibilities.
- Approve actions on human resources matters in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations
- Intellectual property / brand enforcement / data protection
To be part of the team and this project, individual must have traits as follows:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with extensive experience PQE is preferred
- Approximately 7-10 years in various industry including applied science, media and entertainment, creative design, real estates and private security
- Commercial contract and negotiation is essential
- Global exposure on various regulation and statues from different country is a benefits
- Proven experience in intellectual property enforcement, including acquiring and protecting IP assets
- Strong knowledge in data protection and privacy legislation
- Strong project management, administration, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to devises and implements well thought-out, logical solutions and backup plans
- Proven experience in understanding federal and state regulation that affect organization operations
- Ability to analyze, develop and maintain efficient and accurate workflow and administrative process
- Ability to provide high level of accurate, efficient and timely results and services to key stakeholders, partners and sponsors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and utilize advanced competency in managing multiple portfolio simultaneously with a strong results / goal orientation
- Ability to foster a cooperative environment, collaborative team player and maintain positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter, independent, creative
- Standard payment terms paid upon work / milestone submission and approval
- Standard processing time for payment is five (5) business days from approval date