This project is to build a report for Project Managers with similar requirements as shown in the below
MILESTONE #1: Create working report via Screen share
The first milestone of the job is to teach the Project Manager (PM) how the attached Report is completed. For this milestone the PM will be playing the part of a student and you will direct her to complete this report via screenshare and Skype. You will be expected to communicate what you need to the project manager during the interview process. Inability to produce the required information will lead to disqualification.
The first milestone of the job is to create a VERY BASIC working SSRS report that gives all the actual labor dollars spent per date. There should be two parameters passed to this report: Company number and Job number.
Deadline: Tuesday, 6/10/2016
Tasks the PM will complete at your direction:
* Access our Windows 7 development machine via RDP
* Create a stored procedure that takes Company number and Job number parameters and summarizes actual labor dollars from View JCCD
* Create an SSRS report that calls that report and, gives the actual labor dollars, and displays them in blue, bolded text centered on the top of the page.
* Send working SSRS report & stored procedure to us for review.
The goal of this milestone is to show us that you can quickly and efficiently get work done, that you can communicate well, and you understand SSRS, and you can follow instructions.
MILESTONE #2: Add a signature line and text to a check in Crystal.
The second milestone of the job is to add an additional signature line and company names to an existing custom check report. For this milestone, you will also be teaching the PM. Additional details will be given at the time Milestone #1 is completed satisfactorily.
Deadline: Wednesday, 6/16
* Instruct the PM how you create a report copy and adjust it per client requirements.
* Demonstrate how the report can be sent to the client with instructions on how to upload it to their system.
The goal of this milestone is to complete a report we actually want and to demonstrate your abilities to complete basic Crystal changes.
ADDITIONAL WORK WILL BE FORTHCOMING UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF MILESTONE #2.
Communicating is crucial for this project, and we employ a variety of tools for different tasks:
Skype for chat, voice, and video calling
Trello for project management and asynchronous discussion
• Respect for others is practiced, not simply verbalized.
• Communication is open regarding what you can achieve, what you expect, and what you need is open, honest, and frequent.
• You are willing to learn from others and teach others.
Report Writing software: SQL Service Reporting Services (SSRS), and basic Crystal Reports, calling SQL Stored Procedure
Base Software: Viewpoint Construction Software (Vista)
Database: MS SQL
All software will be provided for you.
Please provide examples of previous work you have done that are similar to the technical requirements above. Also, please give an estimate of how much time it would take us to complete Milestone #1 & #2.
OPTIONAL BONUS POINTS:
1) Explain in a paragraph how or if you have used Viewpoint Construction Software.
2) Explain in writing what other information you'll need for Milestone #1 & #2.
3) Explain in a paragraph your current working situation: are you part of a larger team? Are you working by yourself? Describe why you should be the one we hire.
We will consider Milestone #1 complete when the PM has successfully created the stored procedure & the working report, and we have been able to run it on our system. Milestone #3 will be provided upon the completion or Milestone #1 & #2 and will include a client report for you to complete on your own.
To separate you from the spammers, please write "Laketown of Long Lake" as the first line of your bid. We will delete any bids that do not start with this phrase. Thanks!