Build a product registry SAAS-like application, conceptually similar to https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/.
There are a few major differences which I will disclose to the winner so please don't assume it's a clone. It is not.
1. You must be proficient in written English, I will not be awarding this to you if we cannot communicate
2. Any 'canned', automated or irrelevant auto-bids on here will be ignored. I took time to write this please show respect by taking time to respond with at least a semi-coherent block of text.
3. Please read the requirements carefully, I don't mind questions, I do mind if you say yes to everything before even reading
4. Please don't overstate your qualifications, I am technical enough to read bullshit from a mile away.
5. Thanks for reading.
I have detailed Trello requirement cards but high level the app must adhere to the following.
Please browse to the sample URL above to get an idea. This is not a clone of that application but there are familiar concepts such as storing your own registry of products and items, as well as fetching currently pricing and pictures.
1. SAAS type application - allow for guest registration/login/profile creation etc
2. Must provide a registry datastore for each user
3. Must fetch current product pricing using various services such as Amazon as well as embed.ly for pics where available
4. Must have a RESTful API for POST, GET methods as well as OAUTH2 support. There will be a mobile app created as a separate project that will utilise the APIs.
5. Must publish RSS feed and allow for subscriptions and notifications
6. Strong social integration and sharing with facebook, twitter and instagram apps (developer needs to know how to work open graph etc)
7. Socket.io support for realtime client updates
8. Application will include a one page global dashboard view for unauthenticated users
9. Candidate should be familiar with meteor.js/backbone frameworks and/or node/express/angular (MEAN Stack) . Choice is yours on what to use. I'm more interested in the end result than the particular framework flavour.
10. DB mysql or mongo, again I'll leave to your expertise though scalability is a factor