We are running a small bookstore site, built on our own custom platform. The site is focused on presenting the best books about software development and making recommendations for visitors on which books to read.
Right now, the site is up and running since a week, but the UI doesn't look very modern, and neither is the UX, so we are looking for someone who can take the site to the next level and implement a new and fresh design using the existing functionalities provided by our platform.
Note: we have no intention of replacing the backend, we've spend a lot of time on setting it up, but we only want to replace the UI/UX part.
The site consists of a few pages:
- The main landing page
- The book and author lists to browse and search books
- The book details page
Optionally, we'll add more pages in the future, like statistics, a blog, your own bookshelf with books and recommendations, and more pages.
The main page should be the front of the store. It should include items like:
- bestselling books,
- featured books,
- upcoming and new books
- book recommendations
- categories of books, a search box, basic navigation, a space
- basic navigation (login, blog, browse, etc)
The book list page:
- will give visitors the ability to browse the catalogue
- should include filtering options (subject, pages, language, etc, etc)
The author list page:
- should show books per author, maybe show a small bio, etc.
- ability to sort, etc.
The book detail page:
- should convince the user to buy the book
- should show basic details (images, excerpt, summary, reviews, rating, price)
- should provide options to buy to book (at a diversity of sites, like amazon, kobo, etc)
- should maybe show statistics, like the price over time, etc
However, the above are mostly ideas. We'd appreciate a designer who is enthusiastic and can come up with new and inspirational ideas to work on. We're very open to input, and while the above is quite an extensive list and detailed list, it serves mostly as a list of inspiration and is in no way limited.
We are looking forward to a great cooperation with you, and we hope to build a lasting relationship for future work!