Mid-level Full Stack Rails Dev Needed – Freelance Work
Who We are
GoodnessMe Box has rapidly grown as Australia’s largest online health food sampling subscription service, designed to get customers excited about eating pure, wholesome and natural food. We have delivered over half a million products since launch in 2014 and partnered with over 250 of Australia’s leading health brands.
We are open to remote workers, but if you are able to work in-office in Bondi Junction Sydney, Australia, then that'd be ideal. (100m from Bondi Junction train and bus station).
What We Need
We are a small team with one internal Rails developer who is working at full-capacity. We need someone who can work with us on a freelance basis either in-office or remotely providing extra assistance mostly on front-end tasks, and potentially some back-end. More detail can be provided on the specific tasks if you email us email@example.com
How We Work
- We manage all dev tasks using pivotal tracker, using agile user stories
- We aim to keep our test suite idempotent, green and with good coverage!
- We communicate via Slack
- We use Github workflow (PRs, topic branches, however, we do have a develop branch) https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/
Full Stack Rails Developer
- Large ActiveRecord queries / arel
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Writing API clients, webhooks, REST etc
- Decorators, Services, Policies etc
- Mina / Linux + Heroku
- JS + Coffeescript
- segment.com / analytics.js
If you are based in Sydney this is preferable, we might ask you to come in to the office to discuss stuff with us. Otherwise open to overlapping time zone locations.
Include Github profile and/or any open source contributions you have made.
Please include the word paleo in the first line of your response so we know you aren't a spammer. Thanks.
Also, please note, we are very short on time, long form cover letters won't be considered, short bullet pointed cover letters are appreciated.