FEI Designer/Dev Job Posting
What we need: Self-motivated front-end developer with strong graphic design & UX skills for ongoing work.
FE International provides advisory services for mid-market SaaS, e-commerce and content businesses. The company has become the pre-eminent adviser and valuation thought-leader in the industry, completing over 400 acquisitions since 2010. The company is headquartered in Boston, USA with offices also in Europe and S.E. Asia.
The team is comprised of professionals from investment banking, strategy consulting as well as online entrepreneurs, all of which have extensive transaction execution expertise. FE International’s brokers complement this formal experience with unique and innovative approaches to deal marketing and structuring. The company is headquartered in Boston, USA with a second office in London, England.
Our success is made possible by custom software systems. The successful candidate will lead all front-end development of our internal systems, with areas of responsibility including:
* Proactively seeking feedback from colleagues to discover areas where the front-end needs improvement
* Design and pitch improved UI and UX designs
* Implement the front-end changes to an Ember.js - built front-end application
* Write automated test cases to cover code changes
* Work with backend developers and the project manager to create specifications for backend changes required to drive the development ofteh frontend
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
* Experience building complex JS apps, ideally Ember.js
* Experience working with template engines, ideally Handlebars.js
* Extensive experience designing and implementing look and feel of enterprise web apps, with a focus on solid UX
* Fluent in written & verbal English
* Confident & self motivated to seek out discussions with remote colleagues to better understand underlying design issues and propose solutions
* Experience writing automated front-end acceptance tests and unit tests covering JS
* Strong experience with HTML, CSS, Sass and object orientated CSS
Additionally, because our teams are based mostly in the US & UK, the ideal candidate will be in a timezone which doesn’t limit working with UK and East-coast US teams.
If you’re interested in this great opportunity to join a fast growing company and re-imagine a custom developed, high-impact enterprise application. Please send across your CV along with a covering letter describing why you’d be a great fit.
All applications MUST include examples of both projects coded and/or designed by the applicant.