To develop another masonry gallery plugin for WordPress.
Code must adhere to WordPress codex standards. I may decide to submit the plugin for inclusion into the official WordPress Plugin Directory. Therefore, if the plugin is not accepted into the directory because the code does not pass codex standards the project will be considered incomplete.
*DESIGN INSPIRATION & GUIDELINES*
- Study the following HTML5 gallery example for design guidelines as to how the gallery should function - http://chadkphoto.com/PORTFOLIO/thumbs
- Study the following HTML5 gallery example for design guidelines as to how the gallery images should transition from one image to the next - http://chadkphoto.com/PORTFOLIO/5
- The plugin must be very easy to use. Therefore, it must work with the native WordPress gallery on any page or post via its own unique shortcode. Users will simply activate the plugin, create a gallery on any page or post via the native WordPress functionality and modify the native gallery shortcode in the text editor to include the plugin name. For example, instead of using the default gallery shortcode [gallery ids=“1,2,3,4,5”] the user will edit to [pluginname gallery ids=“1,2,3,4,5]
- Masonry grid thumbnails
- Social sharing for individual images
- Deep linking for individual images
- Utilize WordPress 4.4 responsive images feature
- Include plugin options in native WordPress Customize panel
- Responsive design
- Lazy load images
- Previous/next overlay icons will be used to navigate between images
The plugin options will be limited and will be placed inside the WP Customizer panel.
*NOTES & CONSIDERATIONS*