We are seeking to build a custom iOS mobile application that empowers small community engagement. We’ll also want build a web interface that will ingest and format the curriculum content to be utilized within the mobile app via an API. Think of it as a small combination of WhatsApp + Coursera + Meetup.
The primary desired features of the app are:
- Group Messaging - Portal to allow 1:1 and 1:many conversations within the group (powered by Layer)
- Curriculum Interaction - User or system (primary) generated text, audio and video content that users interact with.
- Event Management - Create events (physical and virtual) and keep in sync with the group.
High-level project deliverables:
- Native iOS app
- Web content portal
- Custom API
- BI dashboard (Looker)
To date, we have done a first round of prototyping with an initial design that was utilized for a few sessions of user testing (which will be scrapped): https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/PN6G95MCR#/screens/141460240
Based off our learnings from this phase of our project, we have started to completely redesign this experience, but want to go ahead and build a full team around the project to join in on the learnings now.
Roles Hiring (as needed throughout project):
- Product Manager
- UX+UI Designer
- iOS Developer
- Full Stack Developer
I would like this to be an extremely iterative process (utilizing agile and scrum principles) and I will be conducting formal user testing sessions in person every weekend after having completed enough screens to get accurate feedback. We will then build on these learnings and proceed through the application development process via regular sprints.
- Trello - backlog management
- Slack - team communication
- Sketch / Photoshop - interface design
- Marvel / InVisionApp - prototyping
- LookBack - user testing
- Xcode - iOS development
- GitHub - repository / version control
- CodeShip - continuous integration
- AWS - cloud hosting
- RedShift - data warehouse
- RollBar - error tracking
- Stitch - data pipeline
- Layer - messaging engine
- SendGrid - transactional email
- Looker - BI dashboard
- Ruby on Rails
If you are interested in this project, please send me links to relevant projects that you had a major contribution to (with a description of your role) and are live in the App Store (or online). Must be able to utilize the UpWork time tracker, and will not accept manual time entries.
Thank you so much for your interest in this project, I can’t wait to get started with this new team!