A custom EMR software package with :
• EMR/PM system must be a fully integrated single executable application designed for speed and reliability, utilizing leading technology. The underlying architecture must allow for innovative security auditing tools and is designed to incorporate HIPAA/HITECH. Respondent must be able to provide additional backup and restoration solutions for disaster contingencies.
• Required interfaces:
o Oxford Laboratories
o Florida Shots
• Navigation is intuitive with a comprehensive and flexible user interface which allows the user to readily access patient data, clinical information, and other resources. Processes and routine decisions are automated to the extent practical including patient appointment notification and follow ups.
• Demonstrated success with multidisciplinary environments following initial patient encounter through end of the month financial closing.
• Robust reporting tools including the ability to create custom reports to measure productivity, quality improvement, and enhance research.
• Finance-the EMR/PM system must have a comprehensive financial component with well-designed controls and tools to ensure the integrity, reliability, and accuracy of all financial transactions. The successful Respondent will view the finance component as more than an insurance billing system and recognize it as the means by which revenue cycle management is audited, monitored, maintained, and controlled.
• Security-must successfully pass risk assessment audits
o Role based security
o HIPAA/HITECH and FERPA tools (audit logs, data access controls, etc.)
• CCHIT and ONC-ATCB certified
• Support and Training
o Guaranteed response time for support calls
o Designated support team
o Regular and timely upgrades in response to customer input and industry changes.
o On-site support for staff training and system implementation. Staff training must be designed to meet the needs of various classifications of staff. Classes need to address medical support, clinical, information technology support, finance, billing and insurance.
• Installation timeline-Respondents should provide a deliverable timeline and identify resources dedicated to the successful implementation of its EMR/PM software. Deliverables will include interfaces, data conversion, installation, testing and user training.
• Data conversion-SHS expects stored data in its current EMR/PM system to be converted, stored, and accessible in the Respondent’s EMR/PM.
• Patient Portal-Web based patient portal is a requirement to perform functions such as accessibility to lab results, secure messages, and the ability to schedule and cancel appointments.